Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sqwertz[_53_] Sqwertz[_53_] is offline

Default Dinner tonight (2/6/19)

http://www.shoemakerlittlenecks.com/size.html

>>> Oh **** off . It says on the can "Bumble Bee Premium Select Wild Fancy
>>> Whole BABY CLAMS" . Since I see they've been in business since 1899 I
>>> suspect they know what they're talking about . And you obviously don't .

>>*Snort*

> Double Snort
> Says product of China...
> Bumble Bee is passing off some parasite as clams.
> https://jet.com/product/Bumble-Bee-P...e6757fa904f04e
>
> This is a product of China!
>
> Submitted 4 months ago
> By MTownQD
> The clams are fine but the cans are labeled "Product of China". I will
> not buy again for this reason. I'm a little disappointed because
> Bumble Bee is an American brand but they source their ingredients from
> different countries, including China.
>
> Read the Bumble Bee disclaimer...
> Consume Bumble Bee products at your peril:
> "Product Disclaimer:Product pages contain information provided by
> third-party sellers and other content providers. Despite our best
> efforts to make sure that information is accurate, we don’t guarantee
> it, and images, descriptions, specifications, or other attributes may
> be incomplete, out of date, unreliable or miscategorized. Before you
> buy, use or consume a product, you should always review nutritional,
> ingredient and allergen information and any warnings or instructions.
> We don’t guarantee the accuracy of nutritional labels or any other
> information on product packaging."
> -
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clam
> In culinary use, within the eastern coast of the United States and
> large swathes of the Maritimes of Canada, the term "clam" most often
> refers to the hard clam Mercenaria mercenaria. It may also refer to a
> few other common edible species, such as the soft-shell clam, Mya
> arenaria and the ocean quahog, Arctica islandica.
>
> In other words Bumble Bee LIES!

That was the worst rebuttal yet to someone challenging one of your
idiotic brain farts. You quoted the Jet disclaimer, not Bumble Bee.
And what was the point of your wiki quote - that clams only come
from the US coast?

A simple "canned clams are TIAD" would have sufficed. They're right
up there with canned shrimp, canned oysters, and canned broccoli.

-sw