Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_2_] dsi1[_2_] is offline

Default Honey score in the cupboard

On Saturday, February 2, 2019 at 6:14:00 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2019-02-02 5:43 a.m., jmcquown wrote:
> > On 2/1/2019 9:24 PM, wrote:

> I wonder if there's plastic in it.
> >>
> >> No one stores nine quarts of honey, they use it, sell it, or give it
> >> away... Coombs is full of BS... anyone seen his hives, I thought not.

> > You and your insistance on photos.Â* I don't have any honey bee hives but
> > I do have access to honey.Â* I simply don't use honey so it's no matter
> > to me of someone posts pics.

> My father in law used to eat more honey than anyone I have ever known.
> He would tear of a bite sized pieces of toast and put a spoonful of
> honey on each one. At one time we estimated that he ate two pounds of
> honey per week. He used to buy it by the case. I certainly don't doubt
> someone who raises bees would have 9 quarts of it on hand.

I knew a guy that was addicted to bee venom. He would sting himself several times a day. He said he did that for arthritis. I can't say if he was ever diagnosed with arthritis but the time that I knew him, he was fine. He had stopped the "treatments" by then. He was a world class bee sting artist and was responsible for the deaths of thousands and thousands of bees.