In article >, penmart01
@aol.como says...
> >"mary" wrote:
> >It seems that the little paddle that turns the dough makes a hole in the
> >bread when you pull the bread out. At first I thought it was my machine, but
> >after buying another one at a garage sale (for $1) the "new" one does the
> >same thing. Not that the bread tastes any different, but when you go to cut
> >a slice there is a hole in it.Can this problem be eliminated?

> Actually quite simple; promptly after the final knead remove the dough, then
> remove the paddle (it's usefulness is now concluded)... now promptly return the
> dough for it's final rise. Naturally this won't work well on delayed mode...
> because you will need to be present for removal of the paddle.

Following this procedure, you will still end up with the shaft hole.
That is, the big hole from the paddle will be taken care of, but the
shaft will still protrude into the pan. Nevertheless, these holes only
occur in one or two places in the loaf, maybe one-half to three-quarters
up from the bottom of the loaf, so how much of a problem could this be?

Bob