Old 02-02-2019, 04:57 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
Bruce[_28_] Bruce[_28_] is offline

Default Honey score in the cupboard

On Fri, 1 Feb 2019 20:46:37 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 2/1/2019 7:57 PM, Bruce wrote:
On Fri, 1 Feb 2019 19:38:30 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 2/1/2019 6:43 PM, jmcquown wrote:
On 1/30/2019 11:04 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
This morning I was looking through the cupboards the jar honey to
fill the honey jar.* There were two half jars and one of them was
buckwheat honey. I had forgotten about that stuff. My wife had picked
it up for me thinking that I love the stuff.* She had overestimated
my attitude about the stuff. It is pretty good, but I only like it
once in a while, which is why it had been put away. It as
crystallized so I had to warm it up to liquefy it.** Good stuff....
once in a while.
I would be completely surprised to find anything other than South
Carolina clover honey.* I've got a jar of it dated 2004 and have yet
to open it.

Jill
* We still have 9 quarts of raw unfiltered wildflower honey down in the
cellar . Not even labeled since I didn't intend on selling it .

I wonder if there's plastic in it.

I can't see how that could bee ... this honey came from my hives , was
strained thru cheesecloth then bottled in glass .

Not because of anything you do. They say plastic is polluting the
environment so badly, there are even tiny plastic particles in bees'
honey. I don't know if living in the countryside helps.