Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] penmart01@aol.com is offline

Default Heating some deli roast beef

On Sat, 12 Jan 2019 19:22:17 -0700, jay > wrote:

>On 1/12/19 6:06 PM, wrote:
>> So say I'm in the mood for a nice roast beef dinner, but can't make an entire
>> roast as it's just for me. I go to the grocery and the deli has some nice rare
>> roast beef. I have them slice me off a one inch slice and take it home. I cook
>> some potatoes and veggies. What's the best way to warm up the meat? Under a
>> broiler? In the microwave? I'dd llike it to stay as rare as possible. Thanks.
>>
>> ---

>I would just slap it down in a very hot skillet and turn rather quickly.
>
>jay

I'd cover it with hot beef gravy in my plate, just want to warm it,
not cook it. Would be smarter to have the deli slice it, then prepare
open face sandwiches warmed with heated gravy.... heat the bread with
gravy and then place the slices of beef, then more gravy on top.

Even if just for me I'd still oven roast a smallish beef roast, eat
how much I want while hot, and put the remainder in the fridge, cold
meat is much easier to slice as needed... I like a cold roast beef
sandwhich but you can still use the above procedure to warm an open
faced sandwhich. Roast beef from a deli costs at least twice as much
as one roasted yourself... and deli roast beef contains exsessive
fat... they purposely choose the fattiest roasts to increase profits
as deli roast beef is sold by weight.