Posted to rec.food.cooking
U.S. Janet B. U.S. Janet B. is offline

Default Heating some deli roast beef

On Sat, 12 Jan 2019 20:06:59 -0500, wrote:

>So say I'm in the mood for a nice roast beef dinner, but can't make an entire
>roast as it's just for me. I go to the grocery and the deli has some nice rare
>roast beef. I have them slice me off a one inch slice and take it home. I cook
>some potatoes and veggies. What's the best way to warm up the meat? Under a
>broiler? In the microwave? I'dd llike it to stay as rare as possible. Thanks.
>
>---

pick up a packet of au jus mix. Make the mix and when hot quickly
submerge the beef for a very brief time and then remove the meat. It
should have gotten hot without changing the texture or doneness.
Normally I would say to submerge the meat in the gravy from the roast
but you don't have that.
Janet US