Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW[_2_] DaleW[_2_] is offline

Default A Short Manifesto on Wine

On Saturday, January 12, 2019 at 6:47:18 PM UTC-5, DaleW wrote:

> > 3. The role of the winemaker is to bring forth those first three factors
> > rather than imprinting the wine with a "house style."

Ok thinking further I guess I'd qualify my agreement with this one (your second "3" )
There are quite few producers I love who have definite "house styles" (whether based on stem inclusion, barrel choices, harvesting choices, or whatever) - Dujac, Fourrier, the Cotats, Ridge, and many others. While I think all of these producers reflect grape, locale, and vintage, I do think they all certainly have distinct house styles that are sometimes easier to spot blind than say vintage.

And of course I can love NV Champagne in the house styles I prefer (Taittinger over Krug for me)