Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default All this talk of eggs. - Was: egg cooker question

" wrote:

> On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 9:28:44 PM UTC-6, Hank Rogers wrote:
> >
> > At least there would be no food fight. At least not with the deviled
> > eggs. Maybe we could fling mashed potatoes or pork n beans.
> >

> Pork 'n Beans, they'd make a bigger, splattering mess than potatoes!

Once on a Boy Scout camping trip, I tossed an unopened can
of Pork 'n Beans into the campfire. This was just a fun to do
thing for us young boys. We all knew it would explode once
it got hot enough. So we all hid behind nearby trees to stay
out of the way.

Within a few minutes, that bean-bomb detonated with a fairly
loud bang. The two ends of the can were never found. The round
body of the can was straightened pretty much. All trees and
tents within about 40 feet were covered with pork'n beans.

It was pretty cool. ;-D