Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia[_16_] Ophelia[_16_] is offline

Default egg cooker question

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 10:41:44 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 11:12:18 -0800 (PST), dsi1
> > wrote:

> >> I'll agree to a truce, with a couple final points: it takes a lot more
> >> water to boil eggs on top the stove, and a pot to do it with takes up
> >> more space in a cupboard than an egg cooker. Second, it takes a lot
> >> more energy to boil a pot of water than it does for a cooker to do its
> >> thing.
> >>
> >> There, I'm finished. ;-)
> >>
> >> N.

> >If you had an automatic rice cooker you could probably do the same thing.
> >Use a steamer basket and the same amount of water. It is unfortunate that
> >my daughter threw out my beautiful rice cooker else I would be steaming
> >eggs at this very moment.

> I much prefer an ordinary pot for cooking rice... and I can use the
> same pot to boil eggs, and I do... that 2 qt Farberware pot is the
> only pot that lives on my stove... that one pot is used to cook many
> other things.
>
> BTW, I can't only read a small portion of your's and nancy2's posts...
> one day yoose may fix your word wrap... how ironic that yoose are
> touting automatic cookery.

Of course you can boil eggs in an automatic rice cooker. I've done that. My
suggestion is to steam the eggs instead of boiling them. When the measured
quantity of water is gone, the cooker turns off or goes into the keep warm
mode.

The real irony is that you want me to revert back to computing of the 90's
so that you can read my posts easier. I cannot do that because Windows
computing is like the dark age for me. It's all like a very bad dream and
now I have awoken.

OTOH, I am trying to set up an old Dell notebook to run propitiatory Windows
dino-ware. The hardware on this thing is pretty much overwhelmed by Windows.
With the original OS installed, I got 4.7 GB left on the 30 GB drive. This
means that I don't have enough room on the drive to do the security and
Windows update. Jeepers! I can't believe they sold computers like this. The
good news is that this computer might be teal in color. Very hip!

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...5_GjMCExFGEC7z

===

We have an old one of those but it is black)