Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_2_] dsi1[_2_] is offline

Default Cornbread (pic)

On Wednesday, January 9, 2019 at 11:40:56 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Wednesday, January 9, 2019 at 1:56:50 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:

> > > My wife loves that show but I don't have the attention span to sit
> > > and watch stuff like that. My recommendation is, if your quaint
> > > little English town or tropical island has a member of the community
> > > wiped out every single week, you'd better get your ass the hell out
> > > of Dodge pronto! Mostly, I'll just see a minute or two of the show
> > > and then tell her who done it. I suppose that's rather annoying
> > > behavior.

> > Many of the victims seem to be expats or visitors, so their early demise
> > is not going to have much effect on the breeding demographic on the
> > island. You should also not that it is a Caribbean Island, and most
> > islands in the region have high murder rates but still manage to see
> > population growth.

> You're probably right about that. Our cop shows are pretty much in the same
> vein. The cops here also have that laid-back island style/mentality.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReYoSObEjks
>
> ==
>
> We used to get Hawaii 50 here, but that vid is not available in this
> country

I don't watch Hawaii Five-0. It totally insists upon itself. Too much bang-bang, boom-boom.

I can understand the appeal of "Death in Paradise." It moves the genre of the brilliant, small time detective in the quiet English village to a locale more exotic. It moves from the quaint, proper, and reserved to the loose, laid-back, and exuberant. From the cool/cold to the warm/hot. That, in itself, is brilliant. I believe that the first show of the 8th season was just shown. Looks like a fun show but with my attention span...

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/lifestyle/...bbc/vp-BBRNd7X