Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected][_2_] itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net[_2_] is offline

Default Blind taste test

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 3:19:32 PM UTC-6, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> Never met a bad butter, but some seem better. Texture to spread when
> cold is a factor too.
>
> I've been buying Amish Roll Butter recently. Comes wrapped in heavy
> waxed paper and is a long roll that I have to cut to go in a butter
> dish. One reason I like it is the creamy texture and spreadability.

There is/was some guy bringing in a LOT of Amish cooked goods from Ohio
to our local golly whopper once-a-month flea market. One of the items
he has/had was fresh churned butter. The samples he gave out were indeed
delicious but at $9 a pound I had to pass; mouth watering though!

> Seems to me many brands of butter are exactly the same, just the outer
> carton is different. Inside wraps have no name on them. I'm guessing
> the same butter factory is churning it out for many brands, just changes
> cartons.

I would not be surprised in the least to see Land-o-Lakes, Walmart, Kroger,
Aldi brand cartons in one of those processing plants.