Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] penmart01@aol.com is offline

Default egg cooker question

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 11:12:18 -0800 (PST), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 9:02:47 AM UTC-10, Nancy2 wrote:

>> > I'm not mistaken at all. My mother used to have an egg cooker, as I
>> > implied in a previous post. I had used it a couple times and was
>> > glad when I accidentally dropped it on the floor and broke it. As
>> > it wasn't taking up valuable counter space and I didn't have to drag
>> > it out of the cupboard when she needed it. Using the egg cooker is
>> > no more convenient than using a pan. And the pan is infinitely more
>> > useful.
>> >
>> > I think we can call this argument over, if not a truce.
>> >
>> > -sw

>> I'll agree to a truce, with a couple final points: it takes a lot more water to boil eggs on top the stove, and a pot to do it with takes up more space in a cupboard than an egg cooker. Second, it takes a lot more energy to boil a pot of water than it does for a cooker to do its thing.
>>
>> There, I'm finished. ;-)
>>
>> N.

>If you had an automatic rice cooker you could probably do the same thing. Use a steamer basket and the same amount of water. It is unfortunate that my daughter threw out my beautiful rice cooker else I would be steaming eggs at this very moment.

I much prefer an ordinary pot for cooking rice... and I can use the
same pot to boil eggs, and I do... that 2 qt Farberware pot is the
only pot that lives on my stove... that one pot is used to cook many
other things.

BTW, I can't only read a small portion of your's and nancy2's posts...
one day yoose may fix your word wrap... how ironic that yoose are
touting automatic cookery.