Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] penmart01@aol.com is offline

Default All this talk of eggs. - Was: egg cooker question

On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 songbird wrote:
>l not -l wrote:
>
>> The two remaining eggs will either become egg salad or will be sliced and
>> added to a salad.
>>
>> Whatever method employed to make them, hard boiled eggs can be tasty,
>> versatile eats

> yes, i happened to be eating egg salad (eggs, mustard,
>miracle whip, sliced up homemade dill pickles and pickle
>juice) when i read this for brunch.
>
> i don't usually make egg salad the same way every-
>time, but it does tend to stay in the themes of diced
>onions, green olives, sweet or sour pickles or both
>and then mustard, mayo or mw, sometimes i make toast
>but more often than not i just eat it without the
>bread and butter.

I wouldn't bother making egg salad with less than a half dozen eggs.
I add very finely minced celery, usually some minced fresh dill or
else dried, and Hellmans Sandwich Spread, sometimes a bit of
horseradish for bite. We like egg salad on saltines, a dab of caviar
makes it supreme.