Posted to rec.food.cooking
jay[_352_] jay[_352_] is offline

Default All this talk of eggs. - Was: egg cooker question

On 1/9/19 9:30 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> The other night I cooked three eggs, no more than medium boiled (one was
> still slighly runny) for dinner.Â* Spooned the eggs from the shells into
> a coffee mug, with butter and S&P added.Â* Mom called it egg-a-cup.Â* It's
> something she made for my breakfast when I was a very little girl.Â* I
> still enjoy it.Â* I toasted a slice of bakery sourdough bread, lightly
> buttered.Â* It hit the spot.

Eggs done as you describe are perhaps my most favorite way to prepare
them. I don't do it all that often since it requires more effort than
over easy. Hard boiled eggs are not something we do often unless using
up some eggs. They do travel well on road trips in a ziplock with salt
and pepper added to the bag.

jay