Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia[_16_] Ophelia[_16_] is offline

Default Circulon pot quality

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Tuesday, January 8, 2019 at 7:46:46 AM UTC-10, graham wrote:
> On 2019-01-08 10:27 a.m., Nancy Young wrote:
> > On 1/8/2019 11:50 AM, Nancy2 wrote:
> >>
> >> Notbob, there is another way to clean the polished stainless steel,
> >> like the All-Clad frypan
> >> my DIL was going to throw out because she let a silicone scraper melt
> >> in the bottom.
> >>
> >> I went out to the Harley-Davidson dealer and got a small supply of a
> >> product that will take
> >> melted rubber or a synthetic rubber-like substance off an exhaust pipe
> >> (like if a rubber protective
> >> pad from a cycle suit got up against a hot exhaust pipe).
> >>
> >> It took a lot of elbow grease, but the scraper residue all came off.
> >> And the finish looked like new,
> >> and the pan is still as non-stick as it was originally. Ta-dah!
> >> Magic! ;-))

> > An All Clad pan is worth fighting for.

> Certainly true as All Clad is still being made in the US and not China!
> All of my pans were made in Denmark, France or Italy. It's difficult to
> find good bakeware these days that's not made in China but I have some
> Chicago Metallic that is of superb quality.

I'm not into brands but will look for beautiful design and execution and
appropriate construction. My brother asked me if I wanted some of his pans.
I chose a beautiful stainless steel saucepan with a lid. It's well made with
a flared rim rather than a rolled one and has a solid steel slug bonded
somehow to the bottom. I wanted to make some sauce last night and when I
turned the heat on, I got a big fat zero. My induction range sensed that pan
as not existing. That's the breaks.

===

Yer just too modern ... ;p