Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] penmart01@aol.com is offline

Default egg cooker question

:

>> On Mon, 7 Jan 2019 12:36:56 -0600, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:

>>>You still have to set something on the cooker telling it how you
>>>want your eggs cooked. So you still set a timer of some sort. if
>>>it only does hard boiled, then its even more useless.

>> The included water measuring tube, which also has a pin to piece the
>> eggshell, has lines on it indicating how much water to add for
>> soft/hard eggs. Hasn't failed yet.
>>
>>>I gave up gadgets long ago. Actually, I never really started them.
>>>I learned from my mother. I'd rather know how to cook using
>>>universal equipment than being tied to some gadget that won't be
>>>available in many situations.

>> Having a gadget does not mean one does not have skills to prepare
>> foods without it.. How many situations could I possibly be in where I
>> would want soft./hard boiled eggs, where my gadget won't be available?
>> Yikes, it is broken and Amazon will have me another one tomorrow? One
>> could say the same about a toaster.

>Good points. Squirt is nitpicking but not doing a very good job of it.

I think not... I've hard cooked darn close to a million eggs in a pot
of water (four gross at a time), no problems... natcherly they could
take all they want, eat all they take, and peel em themselves... funny
how the rebels filled their pockets for snacking later. Don't know
where they got hot sauce as I had none in the food locker, their
mommies must have mailed it. Them southerners just loved hot sauce,
they'd eat everything with hot sauce, well not pussy, that would burn,
probably with bbq sauce.