Old 08-01-2019, 11:04 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
tert in seattle tert in seattle is offline

Default Soup for dinner

writes:
On 1/8/2019 4:23 PM, Doris Night wrote:
On Mon, 7 Jan 2019 23:36:42 -0800, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

I made pot roast for dinner the other day. Had carrots and potatoes in it.
Had a little left. Mainly the veggies. Chopped it all up and made soup.
Added beef broth, tomato sauce, peas, green beans, small red beans, celery
leaves, onion and shallots, a bay leaf, parsley, salt and pepper. Delish and
hits the spot on this cold evening.

Sounds tasty!

Also made a really good salad. Romaine, tomatoes, cucumbers, celery, Swiss
cheese, Craisins, black olives and sliced almonds.

And made some cheese biscuits (drop) with sharp cheddar, onion, a little
garlic and parsley. Drizzled with melted parsley butter after baking.

That all sounds really really good Julie.

Well, except for the olives. I don't care much for olives.

Doris

I don't care much for olives, either. Black or green, doesn't matter.

Cheese biscuits are good. I occasionally make drop biscuits with some
finely grated sharp cheddar cheese added. I don't add onion or garlic,
though.

Jill

I don't know about anyone else but I enjoy saying "I love olives" which
is true btw