Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default egg cooker question

On 1/7/2019 10:34 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Mon, 07 Jan 2019 15:09:20 -0500, wrote:
>
>> My APC battery back up
>> has a Voltage meter on at all times, Voltage will normally be 120
>> Volts but there are 5 Volt swings often, swings between 115 Volts and
>> 125 Volts.

> You have shitty electric service and a shitty UPS meter. I have a
> transformer in my yard (everybody here has half a transformer in
> their yard). I consistently get 117/234, rain, wind, show, and
> gloom of night. Which is what your lines should read.

A dozen years back I was losing light bulbs in the bathroom in the
morning. I put a meter on it and got 160 volts. Seems like a substation
two miles from me was cranking up in the morning in anticipation of a
few factories starting up and they caused the over voltage. Never
happened again once I notified them.