Dan Logcher

Musashi wrote:

> "Gerry" > wrote in message
> .. .

> it

> bamboo

>>>Pulp as in....mashed up and reformed bamboo?
>>>I don't think so because every bamboo chopstick I have ever broken
>>>(yes I was not a quiet child) you could see spots, vertical strands.
>>>I dont think you'd see this if it was pulp.
>>>

>>Yeah, true enough. Maybe the uncurl the bamboo and stamp it. Who
>>knows...
>>

> After a discussion with the wife last night, plus a good look at all the
> chopsticks we
> have in the house, it seems that I did leave out something.
> Apparently when I said "all the best chopsticks are bamboo" that was wrong.
> Some of the finest chopsticks are made of hardwoods like oak, etc.

I have 6 sets that are made with ironwood from Thailand, and two pair of
jade chopsticks from China. I've never used the jade sets, since I was told
they are too brittle and would shatter if dropped. I have 4 pair of lamenated
rough tip chopsticks, and the rest are a mixture of the plastic Chinese and the
bamboo Chinese chopsticks.

My parents have two sets of ivory chopsticks that were a gift from some
Japanese students.

--
Dan