Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Sink stopper

On 1/7/2019 2:03 PM, wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Jan 2019 12:43:27 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:

>>> I agree! Both the pop-up and the plunger types clog up too easily.

>> Ditto. Too hard to keep clear of clogs. Years ago I used to hand wash
>> hosiery and 'delicates' in the bathroom sink. There was no other reason
>> to have a bathroom sink stopper.

> Obviously you don't shave. LOL

Not in the bathroom sink!

> We have a screen over the drain, only time I remove the screen and
> place the stopper back is when I shave.
> I have the stopper disconnected from the plunger thingie so it just
> pulls out after I finish shaving and the screen goes back. When not
> used the stopper lives in a top vanity drawer with all my toilet
> stuff, which isn't much. My wife has all the other five drawers and
> they are full... she has tried to steal half of my one drawer but no
> way.
>
>> I always take off my jewelry before
>> washing my face or brushing my teeth. I make sure I never set jewelry
>> anywhere near the sink.
>>
>> Jill

> That's smart. I don't wear jewelry at home, I spend too much time at
> the kitchen sink.

I take my rings off before doing anything in the kitchen. I posted
something last year about that. I see women on cooking shows mixing
things with their hands and they always have rings on. I can't imagine
them not getting all gunked up. I always take them off. Just don't set
them anywhere near the sink.

Jill