Old 07-01-2019, 07:44 PM posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW[_2_] DaleW[_2_] is offline

Default Pronunciation Question

On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 10:15:01 AM UTC-5, Sheila Page wrote:

As in English, pronunciations can vary. The Spanish j sound is normally
slightly more guttural than a normal h in English, but certainly not a
k. If you are saying 'ree oh ha' your r is probably farther from a
Spanish r than your h is from the j. I think anyone would know what you
mean.

Yes, that's what I meant about replicating, the R sound is not something I can accurately replicate (kind of like the sibilant C in Mencia, not really a sound I am used to making).