Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] penmart01@aol.com is offline

Default Sink stopper

On Mon, 7 Jan 2019 12:43:27 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 1/7/2019 11:46 AM, graham wrote:

>>> That's kind of why I hated those built-in stoppers.* They just got in
>>> the way and let crud build up in the drain which led to clogs.* I
>>> rarely need to use a stopper in the bathroom sink.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> I agree! Both the pop-up and the plunger types clog up too easily.

>Ditto. Too hard to keep clear of clogs. Years ago I used to hand wash
>hosiery and 'delicates' in the bathroom sink. There was no other reason
>to have a bathroom sink stopper.

Obviously you don't shave. LOL
We have a screen over the drain, only time I remove the screen and
place the stopper back is when I shave.
I have the stopper disconnected from the plunger thingie so it just
pulls out after I finish shaving and the screen goes back. When not
used the stopper lives in a top vanity drawer with all my toilet
stuff, which isn't much. My wife has all the other five drawers and
they are full... she has tried to steal half of my one drawer but no
way.

>I always take off my jewelry before
>washing my face or brushing my teeth. I make sure I never set jewelry
>anywhere near the sink.
>
>Jill

That's smart. I don't wear jewelry at home, I spend too much time at
the kitchen sink.