Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] penmart01@aol.com is offline

Default Sink stopper

On Sun, 6 Jan 2019 09:53:59 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 1/6/2019 6:27 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> I have one that fits over the garbage disposal... but I rarely want it
>>> to trap things that I *don't* want going into the disposal.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> Clearly, KenK doesn't have a garbage disposal.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>

>Apparently it wasn't very clear to me, which is why I asked the
>question. I have a dual sink and two different stoppers but they both
>fit in either drain. One that has a strainer and allows water to drain
>but catches the bits and a wide rubber stopper. I couldn't tell him
>what brands they are.
>
>Jill

Most any hardware store will sell various types/sizes. Kitchen sink
drains usually have piece in the drain with a sloted hole in it so if
the drain strainer is turned 90º it will either raise the basket to
drain or lower the basket to seal. Some drain baskets have a built in
rubber stopper that can be raised to drain or lowered to seal. If he
posted a picture of the inside of his drain I could offer more
information. He also needs to measure the inside diameter of the
drain opening as those baskets come in different diameters. If he
knows the sink brand and model number a plumbing supply store can look
it up and sell him the correct stopper... or contact the sink
manufacturer and they will know what's needed, most times they'll send
a replacement gratis, I know that Koehler will supply parts for free.
to the original purchaser, as will most major suppliers.
The answer to the question is really a no-brainer.