Posted to rec.food.cooking
notbob[_7_] notbob[_7_] is offline

Default Spice Island Curry Powders

On 1/6/2019 6:14 AM, dejamos wrote:

> I think this is what he is talking about:
> https://www.thespicehouse.com/sweet-curry-powder

Thank you, "dejamos".

Others .....read the "Details" below the main item.

I've made many "curries". Many do not utilize the "curry tree" leaf,
but, many do. It's a matter of which curry you prefer.

BTW, there are Chinese currries, Thai curries, even Japanese Curries.
I've made Moroccan curries, also. There is no name that even suggests
that it is a Moroccan "curry", but that's what it is, jes the same.

Try making a Thai green curry from scratch.

https://www.templeofthai.com/recipes...urry_paste.php

The recipe calls for "cilantro root". Try and find that one! Howzabout
"galangal" or "kaffir" lime leaves.

"Curry" powder is merely an easy way to make a curry. A "short-cut", as
it were. It's why you can buy a Japanese curry, in a box.

https://www.amazon.com/Golden-Curry-...e%2Bcurry&th=1

https://tinyurl.com/y8y7zb4g

nb

nb