Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] penmart01@aol.com is offline

Default egg cooker question

On Fri, 04 Jan 2019 11:27:02 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>Fruitiest of Fruitcakes wrote:
>>
>> I like mine scrambled - just; not hard and rubbery but the consistency of a
>> good risotto.

>Same as I like scrambled eggs. Have to take it off the stove a
>bit early since it keeps cooking for a bit.

We like hard cooked sliced egg sandwiches, my wife often brings that
for school lunch, or I prepare potato fritattas for dinner. Very
occasionally we'll have over easys for dinner atop of hash, but very
rarely scrambled... we don't much care for scrambled, that's
flavorless hospital food. We also like hard cooked quartered eggs in
tossed salads. We tend to eat a lot of hard cooked eggs which is why
I'll typically cook the entire 18 egg carton. I don't have an
electric egg cooker becaue when I looked at them years ago at most
they'd cook six at a time... but I just looked at Amazon and now they
have electic egg cookers that can do 14 at a time, so I may rethink
this... but with an electric egg cooker you still need to peel them,
and so far I haven't read where anyone mentioned the peelability of
electric cooker eggs. The eggs I boil in a pot of water the way I do
them they practically peel themselves... I pierce the shell... really
just uses a lot of ice, I use two trays worth, 24 large cubes, not
those baby minis from ice makers.

As an aside I'd never want a fridge that makes ice; they all make mini
cubes and all ice maker ice SCHTINKS, literally, from whatever
schmelly food is in the fridge, ice absorbs odors rapidly, and no one
cleans their ice maker or its container for years, if ever, I do not
appreciate my Crystal Palace schtinkin' from garlicy pasta sauce
etc... in case yoose don't know bacteria, mold, and assorted germs
live and reproduce very nicely in temperatures well below freezing...
ice from ALL ice makers will make you sick, gauranteed! Especially
ice from restaurants, most expecially ice from fast food joints, and
hotel/motel ice machine bins are rife with feces from hordes of ass
wiping hands.