Posted to rec.food.cooking
Fruitiest of Fruitcakes Fruitiest of Fruitcakes is offline

Default egg cooker question

On 4 Jan 2019, Sqwertz wrote
(in article >):

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/...ggs-recipe.htm

> > > yes, I read your post on previous string. I am asking about an egg
> > > cooker this time.

> > Before boiling I leave eggs out of the fridge to come to room
> > temperature and start them in cold water

> Which is exactly the way not to do it. I don't believe you get 100%
> peelable eggs doing that because I get less than 10% that way.

I was always told that it is the membrane under the shell that makes an egg
easy (or not) to peel.

It is the way you break the shell which matters more than the cooking
process. I think it needs cracking first at the pointy end, but it is so long
since I had hard boiled eggs I cant quite remember.

I like mine scrambled - just; not hard and rubbery but the consistency of a
good risotto.