Old 03-01-2019, 09:58 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
U.S. Janet B. U.S. Janet B. is offline

Default egg cooker question

On Thu, 3 Jan 2019 15:01:53 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 1/3/2019 12:15 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
On Thu, 3 Jan 2019 06:11:42 -0800 (PST), Nancy2
wrote:

Janet, it seems I didn't read the question thoroughly; my bad. I don't know about soft-cooked
because I cannot eat any part of a runny egg....makes me gag. ;-P

N.

N.
I am interested in hard boiled eggs that peel easily. I want firm,
smooth yellow all the way through. (no green) No orangey, softish
spots. Those spots make me gag.
Janet US

I love the soft center. I bring a small pot to boil and add four XL
eggs right from the fridge. For your choice, 13 minutes. I like 10 to
11 though but too soft for you. Not sure how far to get the ugly green
though.

There are eggs and eggs.. If I want a soft boiled egg in an egg cup,
I want all liquid yolk and firm white. If I am eating poached I want
all liquid yolk and soft/firm white. Fried eggs must be over easy
with liquid yolk and firm white. Hard boiled eggs -- no gooey or
softness to the yolk. It's the yolk in transition that makes me gag.
this is all hold over from breakfast as a child.
Janet US