Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default BaccalÃ*

On 2019-01-03 11:32 a.m., Pamela wrote:
> On 16:05 3 Jan 2019, Dave Smith > wrote in
> :
>
>> On 2019-01-03 4:06 a.m., Pamela wrote:
>>> On 07:13 29 Dec 2018, Bruce > wrote in
>>> :

>>> Where on that page does it say 28 for the United States?
>>>
>>> The page I see says it's 13.7.
>>>

>> In the second chart the US was ranked no.28 for suicide rate per
>> 100,000 (averaged over the years from 1985-2017).

> You're saying he can't read a table and ended up comparing two entirely
> different things as a way of supporting his argument.

You are the one denying that there is a number 28 associated with the
US. dsi1 was the one who suggested a link between suicide and the
Swedish treatment of salted fish. Graham pointed out that the US rate
was higher. Bruce did confuse the numbers. I am not going to make
excuses for him, but the rankings do show that the US suicide rate is
higher.