Old 03-01-2019, 12:44 AM posted to alt.food.wine
Graham Graham is offline

Default Pronunciation Question

On 2019-01-02 4:13 p.m., cruciverbalist wrote:
My entire wine drinking life (25+ years) I have always pronounced the
"ja" at the end of Rioja and Verdejo as "ho." However, in the most
recent episode of The Wine Show, Joe Fattorini et al pronounced the
final syllable as "ko." Have I been making a mistake all these years?
Or were they using a regional Spanish dialect?

Btw, I highly recommend TWS. There have been two seasons so far
broadcast on Ovation TV. Each episode has just the right mix of
seriousness and levity. I've learned a lot and gained many useful
insights while thoroughly enjoying myself along the way.

Cheers,
Jack

Google is your friend, however, here are 4:
https://forvo.com/word/rioja/