Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia[_16_] Ophelia[_16_] is offline

Default Does CBD Really Do Anything?

"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message

On Sunday, December 30, 2018 at 8:19:19 AM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:
> "Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message
>

> One thing it does appear to do is interfere with metabolism of various
> drugs, including antidepressants, resulting in higher-than-expected levels
> of those drugs in the blood stream.
>
> I take quite a lot of drugs for Asthma. Any idea if that would be
> problem?

Probably not. My husband also has asthma, and he's just applied for
his medical marijuana card. His doctor knows what he takes for
asthma and saw no contraindications. Here's a rather wonky slide show
on drug interactions:

<https://doh.dc.gov/sites/default/files/dc/sites/doh/publication/attachments/Medical%20Cannabis%20Adverse%20Effects%20and%20Dru g%20Interactions_0.pdf>

It starts getting good at about Slide 11.

> I've been researching medical marijuana. In the U.S., CBD oil is in
> kind of a regulatory grey area, and a lot of its potency depends on
> the manufacturer. You can get various levels of alleged potency; with or
> without THC (which is the stuff that gets you high).
>
> Cindy Hamilton
>
> I had heard it helps with sleep. Did that come up in your
> research? I sleep very badly and wondered if that would be of use.

Yes, it did come up in my research, and it can help some people with
insomnia.

Cindy Hamilton

==

Thank you.