Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_17_] dsi1[_17_] is offline

Default Meat thermometer

On Wednesday, December 26, 2018 at 10:22:32 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Wednesday, December 26, 2018 at 8:07:23 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > "dsi1" wrote in message
> >
> > On Wednesday, December 26, 2018 at 12:18:12 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > > --
> > > http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

> > > Stick the probe in some boiling water. It should read very close to 212
> > > degrees. If it does, it's good!
> > >
> > > ===
> > >
> > > I could be entirely wrong (it has been known ;p) but I took it she
> > > wanted
> > > the info sent directly to her wirelessly! Janet US?

> > That's not a problem. The boiling point of water would be the same even on
> > wireless system. Unless, of course, it was sending the info wireless to
> > the
> > UK. Your water boils at 100 degrees.
> >
> > ==
> >
> > True that

> Your water also freezes at 0 degrees. That's highly convenient. Your water
> must be smarter than our water.
> ==
>
> Well, if you went to Celsius ... In actual fact, I still bake in
> Fahrenheit and work in lbs and oz ... mostly, but only when convenient <g>

When I was in your land, whilst traveling on your motorway, the posted speed was 70. I thought I was going 70 km/h but the reality was that you guys still use MPH and the car's speedometer was calibrated in MPH. I thought I was going 70 km/h but I was really going 113. Please pick one system and stick with it!