Posted to rec.food.cooking
U.S. Janet B. U.S. Janet B. is offline

Default Meat thermometer

I'm looking for a meat thermometer for large hunks of meat. I have
been using a thermometer that you insert in the cold meat and then put
roast in the oven/smoker/whatever. The probe has a long wire that
trails from the meat out the oven door to a unit that sends the temp
to a wireless receiver that tells you what the temp is.
I'm not happy with this any longer. I've had it for years and years.
I no longer trust the accuracy.
What thermometers/brands are you using or recommend? I don't want to
be opening the oven door over and over to check the temp. I want the
temp sent to me.
thanks
Janet US