Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default I'm not coming back!

On 12/16/2018 5:17 AM, Fruitiest of Fruitcakes wrote:
> On 16 Dec 2018, Ed Pawlowski wrote
> (in article >):
>
>> Wife and I took a grandson and girlfriend to dinner at a 99 Restaurant.
>> It is a popular chain in New England.
>>
>> Dinner was good and the waitress brought the check. After I paid, she
>> stain, "thank you, hope to see you again" Then I sai, it was good, but
>> I'm not coming back" That got her all flustered.
>>
>> I explained that the next morning we were leaving for a move to Florida
>> and may never return. That got a laugh out of her. We left Thursday
>> around noon and got here today about 3:30. Closing on new house is next
>> Tuesday.

> Good luck. It sounds nice, and at least you will have respectable
> temperatures at this time of year.
>
> I doubt I would be able to cope with the summer heat and humidity in that
> part of the world, though.

In July and August I will pay homage to Mr. Lennox and his invention of
the air conditioner.

In winter we holed up near the wood stove and the dark and dreary days.
Now we will hole up in front of the AC, but look out at bright sun.
Today, not only is it 30 degrees warmer, but sunset is 1 hr 20 min. later.