Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_17_] dsi1[_17_] is offline

Default Taco Bell

On Sunday, December 2, 2018 at 4:06:10 AM UTC-10, notbob wrote:
> On 12/1/2018 2:25 PM, Bruce wrote:
>
> > No, it's one of 3 Taco Bells in the country and they're all closing
> > down.

> TB's are always "closing down". It's cuz they oversold the franchises
> when they first came out. I remember all the TB's along El Camino
> Real.....
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Cam...al_(California)
>
> ....Most of 'em closed down within a couple yrs and the ol' faux adobe
> sites became something else. There were dozens of 'em, one every 2-3
> miles apart.
>
> TB is owned by PepsiCo, which also bought out "Chevy's", an upscale CA
> Mexican resto chain. I hear Chevy's is doing poorly, now. (shrug)
>
> nb

We got one Taco Bell in our town. I don't mind eating there. It's cheap and doesn't make me feel shitty after eating the food. Those things are important in my book. It is kind of a uncomfortable and not real pleasant to be. I guess that's part of the corporate strategy. You get your cheap food and they want your ass out of the joint in record time.