Julia Altshuler

Marge wrote:

> Someone was asking about apple pancakes recently. How do you make
> that? (or is it just a pancake recipe with apples added?)

We make a baked pancake and add apples (or pears).

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Melt 1 Tbs of bacon grease, magarine or butter in a 10" cast iron
skillet and place in oven to get hot.

Beat 3 eggs and add 1/2 cup milk, 1/3 cup flour and 1/4 cup sugar.
Experiment with the amount of sugar. It needs some but can get too
sweet. Mix well and pour into the hot skillet. Immediately add a
thinly sliced fanned apple. Put back in the oven to bake for 15 minutes
or until the top is puffy and golden. Sprinkle with a little more sugar.

Apples vary in how quickly they bake and how mushy you like them. You
can saute the apples in the skillet to start and add at the last minute
with sprinkled sugar to heat through.

I'm someone who can't stand the practice of automatically adding
cinnamon to anything with apples so we leave that out, but you could
certainly make that cinnamon sugar at the end.

--Lia