Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW[_2_] DaleW[_2_] is offline

Default TN: back to wine- 64 and 01 Nebbiolo, white Burg, 2 roses, more

On Tuesday, November 13, 2018 at 11:02:00 AM UTC-5, Lawrence Leichtman wrote:

> > 1964 Produttori de Barbaresco Barbaresco
> > Decanted early afternoon (unbelievable amount of sediment), back to bottle af

> Haven't had one of these with that much age on it. Longest I've ever
> managed to keep one was 25 years. This sounds great. Have a few now
> approaching 25 years but may not wait to pop them.

well, 67 was year they starting bottling the single cru riservas, so in '64 everything went into blend (I think there was also a riserva, but just extra year in wood). Which could help. But I've had great normales from 70s as well. But in general I think the normales are pretty great QPR at 10-20 years (certainly drinkable younger)