Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: back to wine- 64 and 01 Nebbiolo, white Burg, 2 roses, more

On 11/12/18 5:47 PM, DaleW wrote:

> 2001 Sella Lessona
> This was showing great. Dried cherries, cherry, orange zest, tar. A pointe. I should have a bottle, will dig out. A-/B+

I am not at all surprised by this showing. In June, we took a break
from house emptying to celebrate my birthday at Chez Panisse cafe. We
got a bottle of 2001 Sella Lessona San Sebastiano alla Zoppo from the
wine list and it was rockin', about as lovely a bottle of Nebbiolo as
I've had. Alas, (per Levi Dalton) Sella changed directions shortly
after that and Cristiano Garella left for other projects. I'm now
looking for Colombera & Garella wines to scratch that same itch.

Mark Lipton