View Single Post
  #1 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to alt.food.wine
external usenet poster

Default TN: back to wine- 64 and 01 Nebbiolo, white Burg, 2 roses, more

After 8 days of no wine, on Friday I opened the 2016 F. Cotat Chavignol Sancerre Rose with tandoori style chicken, quinoa pilaf, asparagus, and salad. Nice, better with a couple hours air (and better on day 2). Red fruits, flinty minerals, some herbs. Long finish. No hurry here. B++

Saturday to some friends to celebrate a birthday. Nancys sister, BIL, 2 nephews, and another couple were there as well. Started with crudite with a spicy yogurt sauce, smoked fish canapes

The toasting wine was the NV Bremont €śCuvee Prestige€ť Brut Champagne. Apple and pear., pie crust, well-balanced with fine bead. Good length. B+/A-

There was also the 2017 Roseline €śLampe de Meduse€ť Cotes de Provence Rose. Full for CdProvence, ripe strawberry, a little floral. Could use a little more acid (drunk from flute, so take with grain of salt). B

Main course was Bolognese and pasta, with salad

1964 Produttori de Barbaresco Barbaresco
Decanted early afternoon (unbelievable amount of sediment), back to bottle after couple hours.
Originally when decanted a rather volatile roasted nose, but calms down. Beautiful pale color, perfumed, dried cherry and red plum fruit, plenty of tar. Gets a leathery edge. Holds well through dinner. B+/A-

2006 Lamborghini Campoleone
Some peoples favorite- ripe berry fruit, still some tannin, vanilla, mocha. Big wine. B/B-

2001 Sella Lessona
This was showing great. Dried cherries, cherry, orange zest, tar. A pointe. I should have a bottle, will dig out. A-/B+

There was a Corsican wine from Petroni, seemed like some good materials, ruined by TCA

Friday Betsy had a concert in Brooklyn (Joan Towers 80th) , I had dinner ready when she returned. Scallops, sauteed spinach, sauteed cherry tomatoes with zucchini, purple cauliflower.
Wine was the 2004 Chandon de Briailles €śAux Vergelesses€ť Savigny-les-Beaune 1er blanc.
No premox here, just what I love in maturing white Burg. Good acids, just a touch of vanillin oak, rich pear fruit accented with hazelnut. Long, refreshing chalky finish. Fingers crossed other bottle shows as well A-/B+

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice.Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.