Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW[_2_] DaleW[_2_] is offline

Default TN: CdBriailles Iles des Vergelesses

On Monday, November 5, 2018 at 11:38:47 AM UTC-5, Mark Lipton wrote:

> You surprise me, Dale. I wouldn't have thought that many '09s were
> ready to go now and IME this particular bottling is especially backward.
> I've opened a few '07 CbB IdVs and they've been quite tight, too.
> Their stem inclusion seems to really take time to soften and resolve.

I surprised myself. I didn't plan ahead, and when we got in from downtown candy-giving I hadn't planned ahead for wine. I was trying to get dinner ready, answer door for kids, and choose wine (every time I went to basement I would hear kids arrive!). So not much time for perusal, and I wanted something from Burgundy that:
1) I hadn't had recently
2) was good enough for my last night of wine for 10 days
3) wasn't pricey enough that I would regret putting leftovers in vinegar crock, as I don't think I want remainders in 11 days.

This had better shot that some young Pommards in same box.

So yeah, pretty closed down and tough at first. I found enjoyment later, but clearly not optimal, so rest of these will rest for a while

You never know to