Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW[_2_] DaleW[_2_] is offline

Default TN: CdBriailles Iles des Vergelesses

Wednesday was Halloween, and the last night before I forego wine for a week and a half (for waistline reasons). Gave out a couple thousand pieces of candy at office, then came home to make dinner while occasionally running to door for more trickortreaters. Tuna steak, collards, quinoa, and salad. Wine was 2009 Chandon de Briailles €śIle de Vergelesses€ť 1er. Unsurprisingly tight at first, opened through night. Ripe without showing heat (says 13.5 abv) or roasted notes. Quite a bit of tannin. Black cherry and raspberry, a little mocha, stony finish. Last glass has some smoke and mushroom. Nice wine, long finish, but probably better to let rest quite a while. B for drinking now, expect to improve.