Julian Vrieslander

In article >,
(PENMART01) wrote:

> Rice marked "Enriched" does not need washing, nor should it be washed, lest
> the added nutrients be washed away. Virtually all rice grown and packaged in the
> US needs no washing.

I usually wash rice, if I'm cooking it in our little Zojirushi gizmo.
Washed rice cooks up with a texture that I prefer. Unwashed, the grains
stick together more, and the gizmo overflows with a foamy mess.

Yeah, I know this washes away some vitamins. But I get enough of those
from other sources. Maybe, when the depression kicks in during the
second Bush term, and we are all subsisting on beans, rice, and toasted
cockroaches, I will go back to unwashed rice...

--
Julian Vrieslander