Posted to rec.food.preserving
notbob notbob is offline

Default I'm now in the game

On 10/19/2018 1:39 AM, songbird wrote:

> wrote:

>> For food safety reasons, I'd prefer to rely on information found on
>> those two sites rather than "Mom has done it this way her whole life".

> i've included caveats. and it's not just Mom, but
> now also me. and that means probably 15,000 - 20,000
> quarts of food with very few failures.

I once put my Fluke temp meter on my old renters-grade electric oven.
It would swing as high ....and as low.... as 30 degrees (F) above/below
set temp.

I did the same to my daughter's renters-grade GAS oven. It would swing
only 5 degrees (F) above/below set point. I've yet to do the same to
my current gas oven, so I cannot say, with any certainty, that gas
stoves are better than electric stoves.

nb