Alan

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 08:13:44 -0400, wrote:

>Hi, I am having a terrible time with this disease. My Doctor is to busy
>to give much advice at all. I'm only allowed 40 carbs a day. I live
>alone and fixing foods that keep me satisfied is not easy. I feel crappy
>all the time. It's as if I'm dying. My feet have been burning for over 3
>years now. (Was diagnosed in Dec. of 2003.) My dr. offers no solution to
>the burning. It's like standing on the hot sand of a beach and I can't
>run from it. Does anyone have some kind of suggestion. I'm about to give
>up.
> Please email me direct

> With Diabetic in the subject line. I tend to delete emails that I
>don't recognize.
> Help, Thanks so much, Richard

cc by email

Hi Richard
I'll be brief. I preface this by saying I am not a doctor, just a type
2. I offer suggestions only and suggest you get medical advice before
acting on them.
1. Get your BGs under control. Read
http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org/NewlyDiagnosed.htm to find out how.
2. If you are overweight, lose it and get fit.
3. Exercise daily; anything at all that doesn't hurt you but do it for
15-30 minutes daily.
4. If you smoke, stop.
5. Re-introduce youself on either misc.health.diabetes or
alt.support.diabetes. The food group has only sporadic membership.

=====
Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia
--
Everything in moderation - except laughter.
Cheers, Alan, T2 d&e, Australia.