Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default My chili secret

Janet wrote:

> I'm betting no non-smoker would agree there's "no hint".

Totally agree with you, Janet. If someone smokes in their house,
everything in there and everything that comes out of there will
smell like smoke. No kind of air filter will remove that smell.
Just not true.
Yes, it will clean the current air but not eliminate smoke smells
in fabrics of all kinds.

I've also painted houses owned by heavy smokers. In order to
paint, everything must be washed off with a cleaner and even
then, ceilings and walls must be primed with a stain killer.
Nasty and expensive business.

When I smoked, I always took it outside. I didn't want my
daughter breathing it plus I didn't want to keep rebreathing it.