Posted to rec.food.cooking
notbob notbob is offline

Default My chili secret

On 10/6/2018 9:53 AM, Thomas wrote:

> The point is the coffee?
> In a pinch i use instant.

Using "coffee" is no secret.

Marlboro, which I usta smoke, hadda cookbook "pamphlet" out, way back in
the 80s. It was about "chuck wagon cooking", but more importantly, it
hadda lotta recipes using coffee. Even hadda bbq recipe called "Old
Black joe" which was basically mostly strong coffee.

Here's a secret you may not know. I roasted a lotta "decaf" coffee's
(German decaf, SWD decaf, etc) . Only Taster's Choice had any "body".
Taster's Choice was monster in most of my recipes.

I quit using instant coffee when I learned about Nestle's. I need to
get back to using regular coffee, more (moka?).

nb