George R. Gonzalez

Default Found some wine and spirits... pls advise

Ok, hard to believe, but true:

Our old cleaning girl, Julir, got a call to go clean house for a
little old lady. Julie goes there and finds that the lady hasnt
thrown out anything since 1952. Anything.

It's now two years later, and Julie's has gotten about half the junk
out of the house. Space has been cleared so it's now possible to walk
into the wine cellar by carefully dodging around the piles of stuff
still left to sort thru.

Now this is not a distinguished wine cellar-- just a cool and dry
room. The place is too grungy with 52 yrs of dust to do much
exploring, but a quick glance shows about a dozen to two dozen bottles
of good-name scotches, whiskies, and wines. All have been stored
upright, so I assume there may be some problem with dried-up corks,
from what I've heard.

Now the problem: I don't know anything about selling the stuff. Is
it worth the trouble to get the stuff out of there, negotiate a price,
clean up the bottles, market them somehow, refund buyers that receive
vinegar, etc.. ?

Any ideas appreciated.

(sorry if this is a FAQ question)

Regards,