Posted to alt.food.wine
Sheila Page[_2_] Sheila Page[_2_] is offline

Default wine + vegetables

In message >,
RichD > writes
>It seems that the wine reviews, when they discuss food
>pairings, always assume the main dish is lamb or
>tenderloin. What about vegetarians?
>
>I eat stuffed squash, eggplant, mushrooms, artichokes.
>What are the wines for these dishes?
>
>I also find that cold salads don't pair at all,
>it's practically like drinking the grape neat.
>Is the problem the salads or the wine?
>

>--
>Rich

Salad will be a problem, because of the dressing, but also because even
tomatoes can be difficult. And artichokes are very difficult to pair
with anything (but are too good to give up). Unoaked chardonnay for
some of the others? I would be happy with a spicy red for the mushrooms
(depending on type): a shiraz for these?

Let us know what works for you.
Sheila
--
---