Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sjeef Sjeef is offline

Default Southern Style Pimiento Cheese

On 2018-08-12 13:54:20 +0000, Wayne Boatwright said:

> On Sun 12 Aug 2018 03:29:35a, Sjeef told us...
>>
>> This is why I asked for more information:
>>
>> https://www.sjeef.nl/Recepten/Info/pepers.html
>>
>> Sorry that the page is mostly in Dutch.
>>

> I'm sorry, but I really ca't recognize any of these peppers as
> anything like a pimiento. What I would suggest is looking in your
> supermarket or market place for any fresh red pepper that has a
> "sweet" taste rather than hot or spicy tasting. To prepare a fresh
> pepper I would suggest cutting into sections, removing the ribs and
> seeds, then cutting into 1/4" dice or squares.
>
> Once prepared, steam the diced pepper until very tender. Then store
> in enough lightly salted water to cover, perhaps adding a teaspoon or
> two of white vinegar. Store in the refrigerator for a couple of days
> to absorb the flavor, then drain well to use in the pimiento cheeese.
>
> I'm afraid that's as close as I can come to replicating what appears
> to be unavaiable in your stores.
>
> I'd be interested in knowing how that comes out. Best of luck.

That is is very good information, Wayne.
Many thanks.
At the moment I'm very busy with domestic things, but I will try your
original recepe with the additional info.
BTW, only collected all the diference kind of peppers in the page on my site.
And of course that has nothing to do with your recipe.

And the word piment or pimento has so many different meaning in Spain
or in the Netherlands.
From sweet to very hot.

--
Regards,