Old 10-08-2018, 09:31 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Spares, Beans, and Slaw

On 8/10/2018 11:50 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
On Wed, 8 Aug 2018 11:11:27 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:

Speaking of BBQ (which we haven't done lately), I've been reduced to
some cheapo Walmart upright smoker I got from a friend. It leaks
like a sieve even after gasket tape and uses a lot of lump, but it
works. Have a full rack of spares (which are getting hard to find
anymore - they're all St Louis) I'll be cooking probably tomorrow.

A monster rack of pork spare ribs (6.15lbs) smoked over pecan at
~300 for 5.5 hours. German cole slaw - horseradish and Knorr
kuchenkrauter salat kronung. And meaty baked beans with chipotle
and onion burp.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwert...ream/lightbox/

-sw

I don
t remember the ;ast time i saw pares. Baby backs are crazy price too.