Posted to alt.food.sushi
[email protected] elee1580@gmail.com is offline

Default What is the Japanese name for escolar?

On Tuesday, May 30, 2017 at 1:38:05 PM UTC-7, Shiro Otaku wrote:
> I'd heard it was "abura bouzu" but when I search for that, it comes up as "skilfish." Does anyone know the actual Japanese word for escolar?

There is an official NAME for escolar. "ABURA SOKOMUTSU" = it means oily living in the bottom of ocean Mutsu fish. This is an official name. Definitely not Abura Bouzu. Abura bouzu is different fish and I tasted them in Hokkaido. It is great but Escolar definitely outkilled in every way for taste..